October 27, 2009
Ten Important Facts about Same Day E-Commerce Shipping
E-commerce and same day shipping are two industries which are beginning to merge in several ways. Knowing about the systems that are in place and the changes that are coming is important for anyone involved in either industry. Armed with knowledge, a company is better suited for tackling and making the most of the coming changes.
- There are companies that offer same day shipping throughout the majority of the country. That means that a customer can place an order for courier serviceÂ and, within 24 hours, have their order delivered into their hands. There are several companies that offer this service. A good example is Naparex, which can be reached at 1.877.577.1603.
- The same day courier industries combination with the e-commerce industry relies on using different technologies simultaneously. Airline travel, transportation logistics, wireless communications, and secure online shopping are all important parts of this equation.
- Speed of communication is key to the way these industries are coming together. It can take literally only minutes for a customer to order a product online. A few more minutes, and the company has contacted the courier to ship it. A few more, and the courier has wirelessly dispatched their delivery team. Then it is only a few hours and the delivery is complete.
- Software is an important tool to a same day delivery company. A courier software like Xcelerator allows them to wirelessly dispatch their drivers to begin making a delivery immediately. They also enable functions like signature capture, a useful feature for many e-commerce shippers.
- Local ExpressÂ DeliveryÂ companies use a number of resources to ship a single product. They will use airlines to ship goods that have to travel the length of the country. They also use vans, cars, and bike messengers. It is the combination of all available methods that makes prompt shipping so possible.Â Couriers join in a courier social site called Couriers of the World.
- The courier drivers working for a same day courier like Naparex are actually independent contractors, not employees of the company. This opportunity provides over a hundred thousand jobs across the country.
- Bike messengers might seem like a small part of same day transport, but they are essential. They can make fast deliveries in the bustling downtown cores of any city. Any same day courier is going to have an important portion of their group of couriers made up of bike messengers.
- Amazon is the largest online retailer to announce a new system of same day shipment to their customers. This service is going to be called Local Express Delivery. Local Express Delivery is going to expand in the near future, but is only going to be available in seven cities initially. Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Las Vegas, New York, Seattle, and Washington DC will be able to use this service.
- Convenience and speed are the two things customers want most. As a result of this inevitable merging of industries, they are now going to have access to the best combination of both factors ever made possible. By using a great same day courier, any e-commerce business can meet those consumer desires.
- If you donâ€™t want to be left behind, you will find a reliable courier company to help you achieve your goals of same day delivery for your customers. Within the next two years, many E-commerce businesses will be jumping on the bandwagon. If you want to compete, be one of the first.